The Types of Information We Collect
Information You Give Us
To enable you to enjoy certain features of our Services, we collect certain types of information, including personally identifiable information. For example, we collect information when you:
· Sign up to receive email newsletters.
When we send newsletters to subscribers we may allow advertisers or partners to include messages in those newsletters, or we may send dedicated newsletters on behalf of those advertisers or partners. To unsubscribe from a particular newsletter, click the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of that email newsletter. If you would like to globally opt-out from ALL Simplypets.com email campaigns please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.
When you register to use forums or other Services, we ask you to provide certain information, which may include your email address, home address, birth year, gender, health conditions, credit card number and zip code, as well as a password for your account.
· Engage in public activities on the Services.
· Provide Us Your Credit Card and Billing Information.
To enable payment for certain Services, we or a service or payment provider acting on our behalf may collect and store billing and credit card information.
· Contests, Sweepstakes and Special Offers.
Information We Collect Using Technology
· Device Information.
We may collect information Simply the browser, computer, mobile phone, smartphone or other device you use to access the Services to measure the effectiveness of those Services.
· Cookies and Similar Technology.
· IP Addresses.
We log Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, or the location of your computer on the Internet, for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes. We use this information in an aggregate fashion to track access to our Services (websites and mobile applications), and may also use it to infer your location, as also discussed in the below section titled "Geolocation Data."
· Geolocation Data.
For certain mobile applications we offer, we may (or may enable a third party, including an advertiser to) request your geolocation information in order to provide you with ads, offers, search or other functionality. If you agree to such collection, we (or the third party) may maintain information regarding your precise geolocation including over time and may use it to help enable that functionality, or other functionality we describe to you in connection with the mobile application or website.
In addition, we may (or may enable a third party, such as an advertiser to) capture geo-location information (such as based on IP address data) when you access our Services, and may use that geo-location information to targets ads or offers to you.
We may use third parties to provide us information, reports and analysis Simply the usage and browsing patterns of users of the Services. These reports contain aggregated or anonymous data only, and do not identify individual users to Simplypets.com.
· Log Files.
We may also automatically log certain information Simply your use of the Services. This information includes a reading history of the pages you view and a record of the sites from which you clicked on a link to visit ours.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies
Like many websites, and web and mobile services, we may use (or work with third party partners who use) a variety of technologies to learn more Simply how people interact with our Services. This section provides more information Simply some of those technologies and how they work.
· Cookies. Cookies are small files that websites and other online services use to store information Simply users on the users' own computers. Cookies can be used to store sign-in credentials so that you don't have to enter them each time you return to a website, or to store other information to make web viewing more customized or efficient upon future visits. Cookies also may store a unique identifier tied to your computer so that web services and advertising networks can recognize you across visits to different websites. You can configure your Internet browser to warn you each time a cookie is being sent or to refuse all or certain cookies completely.
We (or our partners) may use or support cookies for purposes including the following:
· To collect information about your browsing activities in order to deliver customized or relevant services, advertising or content to you (including regarding our own products and content), when you browse our Website or other websites or open the emails we send you;
· To relate the information collected by cookies to information we obtain from you directly or from commercially available sources;
· Other Local Storage.
We (or our partners) may use other kinds of local storage, such as Local Shared Objects (also referred to as "Flash cookies") and HTML5 local storage, in connection with the Services. These technologies are similar to the cookies discussed above in that they are stored on your computer and can be used to store certain information Simply your activities and preferences. However, these objects are stored in different parts of your computer from ordinary browser cookies. Your browser may allow you to disable its HTML5 local storage or delete information contained in its HTML5 local storage. For information Simply deleting information contained in Local Shared Objects or adjusting related preferences, please click here.
· Web Beacons.
We (or our partners) may use technologies called web beacons that communicate information from your Internet browser to a web server. Web beacons can be embedded in web pages, videos, or emails, and can allow a web server to read certain types of information from your browser, check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date on which you viewed the web beacon, the IP address of your computer, and the URL of the web page from which the web beacon was viewed. These web beacons may be used for a variety of purposes, including to analyze the use of the Services and in conjunction with cookies to provide content and ads that are more relevant to you.
How We May Use and Share the Information We Collect
· Providing the Services You Request
· Statistical Analysis
We use the information, including analytics and statistical information, to analyze the use of the Services so that we may improve them. We also use this information to generally inform advertisers Simply the nature of our user base.
· Customizing Your Experience
We use the information that we collect to allow advertising to be targeted to the users for whom such advertising is most pertinent. We may also use this information to customize certain features of the Services to provide you with an enhanced experience based on information such as the type of device you are using to access the Services, your activities on the services, or your location or geo-location. We may also use this information to provide you with services you have requested.
· Service Providers
We may contract with other companies that provide services to us, including credit-card and billing processors, survey administrators, technical or customer support, shipping, e-mail distribution, email service providers, data enhancement and information or analytics providers, list processing and promotions management. Sometimes, we may provide to these service providers aggregate or anonymized information about how users interact with our Services (or other information provided to us by users), which may help them enhance their own products, data or analytics.
Information Collected by Third-Parties and Your Ad & Cookie Choices
Other Privacy Considerations
We may transfer your information to a third party if we or any of our affiliates are involved in a transfer or all or part of our business or assets (e.g., a sale, merger, dissolution, liquidation or reorganization) or are taking steps in anticipation of such a transaction (e.g., participating in due diligence).
· Do Not Track Browser Disclosure
Do Not Track ("DNT") is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information Simply their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services.
We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices Simply the information collected on our Websites for third party purposes, and that is why we provide the NAI "Consumer Opt-out" link and the DAA opt-out link above. However, we do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT.
· Information from Children Under 13
We do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under 13. If we determine that a user is under 13, we will delete all personally identifiable information collected from that user.
· Information from Users Outside of the United States
· Your California Privacy Rights
Under the California "Shine The Light" law, California residents may opt-out of the disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes (as those concepts are defined in that law) However, we do not currently engage in the type of sharing covered by that law.
· Compliance With Legal Process
We may disclose personal information (1) if we believe such sharing is appropriate to comply with the law or with legal process; (2) to protect and defend our rights, services or property; (3) to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Services; or (4) to protect the safety or property of our users or any member of the public (among other things, this means that if we believe you have provided false information or attempted to pose as someone else, information Simply you may be disclosed as part of any investigation into your actions).
Simply maintains a distinct separation between Advertising and editorial content.
· All Advertising or sponsored content on the Simply sites is clearly and unambiguously distinguished from editorial content through borders or other distinguishing elements and/or identified as an "Ad," "Advertisement," "Sponsored" or a similar designation indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of the sponsor.
· All ads on Simplypets.com Health are labeled as an "Ad," "Advertisement," "Sponsored" or a similar designation indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of the sponsor.
· All "native" ads or paid content are identified as an "Ad," "Advertisement," "Sponsored" or a similar designation indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of the sponsor.
· Editorial content on the Simply sites is not influenced by advertisements unless the content is sponsored content, in which case, the content will be clearly demarcated and identified with the title "Ad," "Advertisement," or "Sponsored", or a similar designation, indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of an advertiser or sponsor.
Simply Ethics Policy for Independent Contractor Experts
Ecommerce and Affiliate Links Disclosure. Experts may receive compensation for participation in third-party affiliate programs, including purchases made through links to Simply's ecommerce partners.
Funding Statement. Simply Pets Magazine.com is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of Simply Pets LLC., Other than loans or transfers from affiliated companies, the only external sources of funding are from advertisements and sponsored content on the website and magazine.
Write for Simply Careers at Simply
© 2016 simplypetsllc.com — All rights reserved.